CE Manual Application
You'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you don't have it you can download it here.
Thank you for your interest in organizing an educational event for the
Massachusetts Psychological Association. MPA is dedicated to supporting
educational activities by our groups and members. In doing so, we are required to
comply with APA’s rules and guidelines. Please review the following guidelines
and procedures. If, after reading this material, you have any questions, please
contact Lynne Mortarelli at the MPA office, 781-263-0080, ext. 13.
In order to ensure efficient movement of your application through the approval
process, please follow the procedures described below:
- An MPA entity that is considering sponsoring an event or program should
have a representative contact Lynne Mortarelli at MPA to initially discuss
information about the content of the program, the date, the location, and
- A completed application must be submitted to MPA 60 days prior to the
printing and /or distribution of the promotional materials. A completed
application includes the following materials: 1) Continuing Education
Application form (enclosed); 2) curriculum vitae for each presenter; 3) a
copy of the content-related evaluation procedure that you will use to assess
the learning of each participant in the program; 4) a copy of any printed
promotional materials prior to being printed or distributed; 5) a copy of
program as proposed; 6) proof of general liability insurance if not at MPA;
and 7) cancellation policy. Please see Checklist for complete information.
- The MPA Education Committee will review the application material and
determine if the application meets APA criteria. Please be aware that the
Education Committee meets once a month. It is essential that material be
completed as early as possible to ensure that approval is granted far enough
in advance to allow for a 6-8 week lead-time for advertising. (Please note
that this application and subsequent approval applies only to the program or
series you plan to offer and does not extend to future offerings, which
require a separate application). The contact person listed on the application
will be notified as soon as possible.
- Upon completion of the above, MPA staff will be available to discuss
implementation of support services in regard to the CE offering.
- Upon completion of the event, the contact person must provide MPA with
the following information:
- Registration list of all participant
- Name and address listing of all psychologists to receive CE credits
- The completed evaluation forms from all psychologist participants
- Payment for each participant who has not pre-registered
Please mail such material to:
Attention: Lynne Mortarelli
Massachusetts Psychological Association
195 Worcester Street, Suite 303
Wellesley, MA. 02481
- Upon receipt of all of the above, MPA will mail CE certificates to the