- About MPA
- Events & CE
- Professional Affairs
|MPA Mentorship Program|
MPA Mentorship Program Policy and Application Procedures
The MPA Mentorship Program is an initiative for early and mid-career psychologists that provides an opportunity to establish a mentoring relationship with a more experienced clinician.
1. Both mentors and mentees must be members of MPA.
2. There is no fee to the mentee nor is there payment to the mentor for services provided.
3. Applications for mentees and mentors are accepted on a rolling basis and are provided based on availability.
4. The mentoring relationship will continue for one year and can be renewed by mutual agreement by the mentor and mentee if both desire to do so. If the mentoring relationship is renewed, the mentor should notify the MPA Mentor Program Coordinator. If the mentoring relationship is not renewed and the mentee desires ongoing mentoring, a new mentor may be requested through the MPA Mentor Program Coordinator.
The mentoring relationship is NOT intended to provide psychotherapy or clinical supervision. As such, this does not constitute a legal relationship to which professional duties apply and thus is not bound by the constraints of confidentiality or privileges.
The goals of the program are to match early and mid-career psychologists with a senior psychologist who will provide them with a wide range of mentoring activities, including:
· Professional support in their development as independent practitioners.
· Consultation and guidance in the e-business aspects of developing and running an independent practice.
· Information about career opportunities and professional development.
· Assistance in balancing personal and professional demands.
· Direction to other resources when appropriate.
1. The Mentor Program Application will be completed and submitted online
2. Applicants will be asked to review the MPA Mentor Policy and Procedures and to complete the application, which the MPA Mentor Program Coordinator will use to make the best possible match.
If you’d like to be matched with a mentor or become a mentor, please complete the