Student members of the MPA have the opportunity to become
informed and active within the dynamic field of psychology.
In addition, members can choose to take on leadership roles by
representing students and their graduate schools in various divisions
within the MPA. By joining the MPA you will have the chance to
share ideas and concerns with students from other programs and
network with professionals around the state. Student membership
in the MPA presents a way to become involved in the community while
furthering your own professional development.
Student Annual Fee: $ 29
Specific benefits of membership include:
- Attend MPA Doctoral Student Group sponsored educational and professional development activites (e.g., internship application workshop, dissertation workshop, grant writing workshop)
- Opportunities to get involved with other MPA committees (e.g., the Doctoral Student Group, Education Committee, Advocacy Committee, Training Committee, Disaster Response Network and many others)
- The MPA sponsors the Rosenblum Fellowship for Advocacy Training each academic year and accepts applications from doctoral students and post-doctoral candidates across Massachusetts who are interested in learning about social and public policy first hand.
- Access to important "members only" sections of the MPA website
- Student rates for MPA functions and continuing education offerings
- Discounts on services offered by our advertisers (e.g., copying, printing, on line data collection service)
- Coming soon: Access to the Student Listserve - a forum for discussing research interests, practicum placements, applying for internship and much more with fellow graduate students across the state